Thursday, September 6, 2018

2018.09.06 Day #6 - I can't say no!

I have a problem with saying no.

Most people might have a similar problem - and usually, they're thinking about saying no to the PTA President, the RS President, or some other external source of "stuff needing to be done."

My problem is in saying no to myself... I pretty consistently think I can do more than I really can.

For example:

Can I get that afghan made in 6 months? Sure!
Can I renovate my laundry room in 6 weeks? Sure!
Can I refinish a dining room table? Sure!
Can I fix my squeaky Maytag dryer all by myself? Sure!
Can I exercise 5 days a week? Sure!
Can I make healthy meals 24/7? Sure!
Can I bottle all the peaches, pears, and tomatoes in a 3 day period? Sure!
Can I go on a hike every week during the summer? Sure!
Can I take a part-time job teaching for BYU-I online? Sure!
Can I learn Java? Sure!
Can I sign my kids up for fun stuff and get them there on time with a smile on their face? Sure!
Can I run on 6 hours of sleep a night for the last 6 months? Absolutely!

There's more... but I'll stop there...

I should probably learn to say no to myself or stop whining about it.


No comments: