This is more for journaling purposes, but you're welcome to peer into and respond to my musings:
So we were going off of incomplete info earlier, if you saw the FB/G+ posts. It turns out that the U of U is also 2 years, not 3, so it doesn't make a big difference with finishing time to go to the U of U or Duke. That cuts out one of the largest advantages Duke had over the U.
The quick back story: I'm applying for a Nursing Informatics Master's program. So far, I've applied for the U of U and Duke, just because their deadlines came first. Duke accepted me this week. They also had 2 scholarships for full-tuition + stipend, which I applied for, and was one person away from getting. If one of the other two drop out, I get it -- but honestly -- why would they do that? I wouldn't. As for the U of U, their applications aren't even due until January 15th, so I need to respond to Duke long before the U even looks at my application. The U of U is $20K. Duke is $50K, minus a $10K scholarship they're offering = $40K.
Katie and I have been trying to weigh the pros and cons of each. It boils down to this: It definitely makes the most logical sense to hold out for the U of U. My biggest fear, of course, is that if they say 'no,' we get to delay school for that much more and probably pay lots of cash for school that I could have been putting toward Duke.
And we've got a few days left to decide.
Someone tell me what to do. Thanks.