Thursday, December 8, 2011

HAPPY HOLEYDAYS!!!


On Thanksgiving Day at Aunt Annie's

We've all been wearing holes in a some items lately:

Lindy - holes in her gums... 2 new teeth!

They're more pronounced now... you can just barely see them in the picture.

...and holes in the carpet.



Brett - holes in socks... Brett has a sock philosophy which I like. "Buy all the same socks, don't worry about matching them after they're washed... just grab 2 in the morning, and you're good to go." This has worked well, but all the socks that he bought at the beginning of this regime several years ago, have finally decided to disintegrate. At approximately the same time, all of Brett's socks started getting holes in them, one after another. Time for new socks.

[There may or may not have been
some hole exaggeration in this picture]


Katie - holes in hair elastics, I've broken a handful of these in the last month... obese hair strikes again! Time for severe punishment on the offending hairs.




Add to this a major hole in our savings account as we prep to buy a home and for Brett to start grad school and I'd say we're pretty holey people saying "Happy Holeydays!"






12 comments:

Kristin said...

Cute haircut! I am in desperate need to do something different with my hair... seeing that I wear it in a bun everyday! My husband has the same sock philosophy! Darn those socks! Tee hee. ;)

Gramps said...

Holy cow!

I've been wondering what happened to that Santa...I knew we gave it away but couldn't remember to whom. Is that the one we gave away?

Katie Groneman said...

Kristin - I don't do the sock thing, because I like to have socks with a little bit of a personality.

Dad G. - Yep, that's the one. He has a ripped seam here and there, which I should probably fix.

Unknown said...

Cute videos! I'm putting my money on Lindy in the wrestling match with Santa!

Alison Ward said...

Aww, what a cutie! She's getting so big! I'd say all but the socks are definitely good holes to have :-p and even the socks. . . means you get new socks! Which I love the feeling of. See you soon!

Andrea said...

Love your new hair cut! So cute!

Holly said...

Lindy is growing up so fast! And she's so adorable. Katie, I love your hair cut. So very cute! I wish I was as courageous as you, to just whack it all off and know I'd look good. I am so impressed with Brett's holes in his socks. Actually, I think I'm most impressed that he manages to keep his foot in the sock, instead of having his toes poke out.

Unknown said...

The hole in the left sock may have been artificially enlarged for dramatic effect. May have been.

Unknown said...

OHohohohh!!! The giggles! Who can resist the giggles! I LOVE IT!

What a cutie!

And I love the short hair, Katie!

Marilyn said...

My comments keep getting EATEN! Try again...I love this post! Fun stuff, and good job ! Keep it comin'

Katrina said...

you are so cute! :) So clever! :) But I have to say, I'll be so sad when the house actually comes through. Happy for you of course, but I'm getting "left behind"! ;)

Amy said...

Andrea told me you chopped your hair, she wasn't lying! Do you still like it? I would worry I'd like it for a day then want my hair back. I think it looks great on you!