Thursday, August 19, 2010

I gots me a new job!

Me, you know, in my vinyl-fence hospital
habitat, ready to totally save some life, yo.
For approaching 3 years, I've been working for Utah Valley Regional Medical Center on the 7th floor (Medical-Oncology Department).  It's a non-stop usually crazy-busy department, but my coworkers were great to work with, and the department forces you to learn a lot -- quick.  My upcoming grad school applications from what I've been reading will want me to have critical care experience, so I'm switching jobs.  Same hospital, different department.  I'll be on the 2nd floor of UVRMC ("IMC" for those of you who know the place).

It should give me some good ol' critical care experience with some good old-fashioned intubated patients, and fancy gizmos and such.  I'm excited for it.  I've been on the floor for school stuff, and they've got a good group of people down there.

I start on Monday with some training and additional certifications, and then I'll ultimately be doing night shift (again) which Katie isn't particularly keen about.  Oh well.  I do what I need to do to support my wife and child. (Oh yeah, and by the way, we just found out she's prego)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, please tell your husband that girls need more than a by the way we are expecting in little writing as the last sentence on your post :) CONGRATULATIONS!!! and congratulations to Brett on moving down 5 floors :)

Erica said...

I am SOOO excited for you guys!!!!

Holly said...

yeah, I thought that little fetus on your banner was new. Yay for you guys! Brett, you really have TWO new jobs--your new floor at the hospital and the job of getting your pregnant wife whatever she wants, whenever she wants. Ice cream for breakfast? Jelly-belly jelly beans at 3:00 am? You're on it (well, unless you're at work).

I am SO excited for you guys. Love ya!

Katie Groneman said...

Don't worry... more details to follow.

Janette said...

Yea!! Congratulations! Sounds like everything is going well for you guys. So exciting!

Sylvia said...

A dose of Congrats for your guys! On the new job and on the new pregnancy! I am supper excited for you both and hope that all is well.

Kristin said...

I want to hear the story!! Congratulations you guys! I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Serious Prego!!! WAHOOOOOOO!!!!! I can't believe you didn't tell me when I saw you a few days ago. That hurts guys. Yeah Bert on IMC. I love IMC! They are great people. You know the vampire lifestyle is the best. We must convert the rest of the world to it! Congrats you guys!

Gramps said...

See Brett standing by the fence ready to save my life? They're moving out so he can't save my life any more unless they come over for dinner or go camping with us or something. I mean, comon folks..how much is there to tell about being pregnant? Um...they're pregnant. There...you have almost the entire story except the how did we get there part that I'm sure they're not telling.

Marilyn said...

#7 on the way! WAHOO! I am praying already for a healthy baby in 8 months! And, Brett's job is a blessing too!