Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Induction to commence in T- some hours

They haven't given us a specific time yet, but we'll be induced tomorrow. They apparently have to wait through the night to see how many admits they have and if they'll have any staffing issues. So... we'll get a call early tomorrow morning and then head in ASAP if all goes well. I'm barely dilated, so getting my body ready for induction will be a long process in and of itself, before they even start the pitocin. Likely baby Groneman won't actually be born until April 7th... but here's to hoping for a quick and speedy labor (...right...). Details (and cute pics) are soon to come.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck! How exciting!! Are you ready for this? We'll be praying that all goes well!

It's the end of the world as you know it... :)

Marilyn said...

I can't wait to meet little Grizelda in person! I will be praying for you all! Exciting times for us, hard work for you, Katie. I sure hope is all goes well.

Gramps said...

Birth is such a miracle. Some cute little spirit I don't know yet is about to come into my life and make a huge difference. More so for you :-) but still a huge difference for me. I'm envisioning this little one crawling around my floor pulling on Marilyn's plant leaves, starting to walk across our carpet with arms outstretched knowing that mommy or daddy will catch them when they start to fall. Jumping on our trampoline, playing in our playhouse. I'm daydreaming about it already. Bless you Katie for being willing to do it and bless you Brett for supporting Katie and my new grandchild. What a moment! The day she's born (6th or 7th or whenever) will be a day celebrated for many years to come by many people...some we don't even know yet and maybe that I'll never know. Savor the moment.

Erica said...

Imagine us there with pom-poms and balloons and huge signs saying, "You can do it, Katie!!!" You are about to accomplish something amazing and probably the most difficult thing you've ever done--giving birth. But also the most rewarding thing you've ever done too!! We'll be praying for you!! :) We're so excited!!!

Gramps said...

Is Lindy here yet? Can't tell from your blog.