Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bed-Rest = Baby Quilt

I've been put on bed-rest for pre-eclampsia (although we're thinking it was connected to a cold, which is resolving, so maybe my pre-eclampsia is resolving as well). Anywho.... since I've been hanging out at home all week, I figured I might as well put in several hours on the baby quilt that I'm making for our upcoming arrival. Click here for the tutorial I used (I stole the color combo as well).

The camera can't handle all the colors, so these pictures don't look quite right, but it's close. I'll take a picture of it outside when it's completely finished - maybe then the colors will be right. Mom Boren is going to help me quilt it when she gets home - which is coming up in 3 months to the day - yay!!!

Fabric used
Front

Back

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Wow! You did all that this week??? It looks great! I can quilt too (MUCH BETTER than I can piece! Let me know if you need help!

I am so glad you are getting over your cold. The last thing that you need with a brand new baby is a cold!

Unknown said...

I'm so impressed. I've never made anything that cool in my life. That's one lucky baby!

Gramps said...

Looks like a big game of twister. "Righ hand on solid red. Left foot on green swirl!"

MegAnn Aimee said...

How cute! Im so excuted for you 2!

Alison Ward said...

Looks great Kate! Can't wait to see it in person!!

Holly said...

I love it, Katie! So beautiful. Maybe I need to go on bedrest so I can get some things done too...I am a little jealous of you :)

And, I'm definitely hoping it was just the cold that gave you false pre-eclampsia. Good luck with that!