Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lindy 2 Month Stats




Our girlie girl, is a little over 2 months now - crazy! She sure is growing - as evidenced by her latest stats.

This is probably one of those weird things, that only Mom's care about... but here it is anyway.

Length: 23.0in (90% percentile)
Weight: 10lbs 9oz (75%)
Head Circ.: 38cm (75%)
Cuteness: Like a button  


I brought Lindy and Brett with me to the last Friday of school for our district, and had a good time saying hi and goodbye to my kiddos. I hope it's only a temporary goodbye for my teacher friends. I miss chatting with my "teams." Here are a few photos of my last day at FHMS - I'm sad I didn't get more with the other teachers.









I love being a mommy, but there are definitely some things I will miss about teaching - especially my friends. When I had a great lesson, or even better - a fun lab, I really did enjoy myself. There were only a few truly hard days when things fell flat on their behinds, or when the students were completely insane. I think teaching is kind of like childbirth... it doesn't seem like it was all that hard when I look back on it (selective amnesia, I guess). I definitely hope to go back when my own kids are all grow'd up. 

It's definitely harder to have "grown up" conversation when I'm mostly hanging out at home with a 2 month old. But... Mom and Dad are coming home this Saturday! Ah!!!! So hopefully Mom won't mind my running around the house behind her, chatting non-stop... just like the good ol' days.

4 comments:

Alison Ward said...

AGGH She's adorable!! I can't decide who she looks like, I think more like you Kate, but I could be biased ;-D Glad you got to say your goodbye's, and I totally feel ya about the adult conversation. Anytime you need one you just give me a call! Love ya!!
Ali

Marilyn said...

She is SO fun to love on! And darling. Grandma Boren will be eating her up!

Holly said...

Oh, you guys. She is so gorgeous! It's hard to believe time goes by so quickly. Miss you!

Gramps said...

Your mom and dad are going to be SO overwhelmed with the amount of cuteness in their house when they return. I've actually seen the pulsing aura of cute as we approach your house recently.