Saturday, February 6, 2010

Katie's new record...

Most of Brett's family will not find this too impressive, but I think it's a record for me.... I ran (well, jogged slowly) for almost 3 miles today. I was pretty diligent at running during the summer, but since school started, I've had a hard time fitting it in. I've started back up recently, and I do think it helps me sleep better at night - I'm constantly fighting the Boren Insomnia. After my run I went to the temple and did Initiatories - I haven't done that since I went through the temple for myself a little over a year and a half ago. It's always good to go to the temple - and I needed a reminder about those particular blessings at the moment.

And that is all I've done with my day, but it's only 6:00pm, so I guess there's still some time to get something done before I go to bed. Just what something should I do....

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

Good Job on running! I hope that you sleep well tonight.

Cambrienelson said...

Good job on your run! You've got me beat by far! I'm sure I won't be up to 3 miles for a few more months!
I too find I sleep a ton better when I exercise.
Seems you got a lot done in one day. Good job

Gramps said...

I've never run 3 miles in my life. If I did...it would be the end of my life.

Marilyn said...

You've got me beat! If you ever need family names to take to the temple, let me know! :)

Christa said...

Go, Katie! Before you know it, we'll be running half marathons together!

Alison Ward said...

Way to go Kate!! yeah, I felt it a great accomplishment in college when I ran 1.5 miles with no stopping, and that was, oh 10+ years ago, no way I could do it now. You rock!! keep up the great work, and the temple work too, it's always a good comforter :-D

Borens said...

You are impressive! Try a Melatonin supplement for the sleep thing . . . it's supposed to be super helpful. :)